a technical view
We specialise in the design and development of animatronics for film, television and visual displays. By employing mechatronics, a discipline that integrates mechanical, electrical and control engineering, we design machinery and equipment for animatronics applications.
Our extensive experience with mechatronics can be supported with our expertise in show control technology, where we use automation technology to link together and operate animatronic, lighting and audio-visual control systems in a coordinated manner.
- mechatronics engineering
- animatronics for film and television
- animatronics for puppetry
- 3-d robotics
Stage ONE has a well-equipped metalwork shop with the capacity to design, fabricate and build complex mechanical assemblies through to large structural weldments. We have extensive experience in designing and building animatronics, and custom architectural and display pieces. Our capabilities include:
welding (MIG, TIG Oxy Acetylene)
- machining (lathe and vertical mill)
sheet metal forming
- 3-d cad (solidworks, autocad)
lighting and special effects studio
Our experience with lighting and special effects is diverse and we're often able to develop custom special effects using our own wide stock of quality resources.
We also maintain a hire service for a vast array of equipment including:
- specialised theatre and display illuminates;
- audio-visual equipment;
- retail-specific equipment such as wide angle fixtures (for short throw applications), long lamp life units (metal halide) and lighting for decorative or special effect purposes.
show control and programming studio
We're well versed with up-to-date automation technology to coordinate a multi-entertainment control system. We can design and implement systems that control all or a combination of elements such as lighting, sound, video, rigging and animatronics to create fully automated shows and displays.
- coordinate show control systems
- fully automated shows and displays
- program lighting, sound, video, rigging and animatronics
an artistic studio that specialises in creating high-quality 3-d concepts 61+ 3 9372 2122